Monday 5 January 2015

New Years Resolutions

It doesn't feel like it's time for 2015 to be honest. I'm still living in the middle of 2014 somewhere wishing the days away and mindlessly daydreaming about something or other (and probably looking for more ways to fund my MA*RS addiction much to the chagrin of my poor boyfriend). I've been thinking about what goals I'd like to set for the new year even though I'm not the type of person who's able to keep their resolutions too well and I thought I'd document them here incase it'll inspire some of you girls, even if it's just a little!

The new year is a great time to take a moment of self reflection and think about things you'd like to change or improve. There's also the added challenge of having a full year to keep working on them even though it can be seriously difficult.


1. Dress gyaru more!

I haven't dressed up enough this year to be honest. I'm a very shy and reclusive person by nature so I make excuses to stay home in my pyjamas and laptop whenever I'm given the opportunity. Social butterfly I am not. I'm not the only one, right? I absolutely adore the chance to get all dressed up and feel like a prissy princess in my MA*RS and GOLDs Infinity but getting the drive to go out and do it is just a huge chore for me. Therefore I'm going to make my very first resolution of 2015 to dress gyaru a little more!

2. Spend less money on clothing!

I have a confession: I'm a serial shopping addict. I have spend thousands on my wardrobe. I have so many items of clothing and jewellery and shoes which I've worn for a grand total of once and then gotten bored with it and look for the next new, shiny thing to keep me entertained. It's great to have a choice but it's extremely harsh on my poor bank balance. Wearing my MA*RS clothes more than once really isn't going to kill me and I'm not going to be judged for it so... let's slow down on the spending. ♥

3. Meet more people!

As previously mentioned I'm a ridiculously shy and reclusive person. Whenever I see someone I admire or who look absolutely great I tend to squeak and skitter past and freak the hell out about talking to them even though I know they're really friendly. I want to meet more gyaru who live local or in my country so this year I'm definitely going ot be more confident. Confidence is sexy, gyaru are sexy, it fits okay?! (I'm a dork)

4. Keep up a blogging routine!

Sometimes running a blog is hard. Struggling for new content ideas is the very bane of my existance and I always feel pretty awful if I can't update my blog because it's not fair on you guys. If I keep a regular routine up it should make finding new ideas a lot easier on myself and keep you guys happy.

5. Talk to my blogders more!

This sort of links to the previous resolution but I'd honestly love to take the time to talk to you guys more and get to know you all. I want to know what you like and how your days have been and I want to hang out with you all if I could. I always get slightly startled whenever one of you guys comment or drop me an e-mail and I super appreciate it. It makes me happy, honestly. If you guys leave your blog links in the comments I always do check them out as I'm gagging for new blogs to follow.

6. Experiment with make-up!

I've stuck to the 'use neutrals' for years now but I recently purchased a palette with a lot of *gasp* bright colours and after experimenting with it, I loved it. I want to try and corporate a little more colour into my make-up for special coordinates and just to have fun with my make-up again instead of stressing if my eyeliner looks decent.


What are your guys resolutions? Let me know so I can take some inspiration for them. A new year, a new me as they say!

Stay sweet! ♥

email me

No comments:

Post a Comment